A forum to introduce Paris to my friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
A forum to introduce Paris to my friends

A forum to show things to do in Paris for my friends, a little bit of history, and how to travel peacefully

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Montmartre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adrien
Admin

Montmartre Empty
PostSubject: Montmartre   Montmartre Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:11 am

Montmartre is a hill 130 metres high, in the north of Paris in the 18th arrondissement, a part of the Right Bank, primarily known for the white-domed Basilica of the Sacré Cœur on its summit, where you can enjoy a wonderful view of paris (You can see : "Notre Dame de Paris", "Tour Montparnasse", 4 towers of "Bibliothèque Francois mitterand", Eiffel Tower, and all Paris :O ). I recommend the view during the night, and you'll understand why Paris is called "The light city" or in french "La ville lumière". The Friday and Saturday, The youth of Paris get together here before partying (On the steps, front of the church).

Montmartres is different, you have inside a little village, which looks like more to those in the rest of France. In this zone, you have lots of artists, and some of them can make your caricature. Many artists had studios or worked around the community of Montmartre such as Salvador Dalí, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh.

You can go up by a kind of Funicular (and you have to pay), or climbing the 250 steps (free)

Some photos :

Montmartre 542px-SacreCoeur
Montmartre 463px-Montmatre

The Vineyard

Montmartre 94la_vigne_de_montmartre_jpg

Scenic view :

Montmartre 800px-ParisSouthernSkyline

Access :

Montmartre 16px-Metro-M.svg : Anvers

Montmartre Planhote
Back to top Go down
https://parisbyme.board-directory.net